Original family owned, Mid-Century modern designed by Martin Kermacy, vaunted professor of architecture at UT Austin where his works remain archived. The original design remains mostly intact and boasts tons of retro stylings that takes you back to an Austin of old with skylights and transom windows that bring in natural light beautifully. And what a LOCATION! The property is situated in the coveted 78704 neighborhood just up the hill and a short walking distance to Zilker Park, Barton Springs, the Hike & Bike trail, and the Greenbelt. This is your opportunity to own in a highly desired area and live the Austin lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors. The current owner's parents were pioneering Austinites who commissioned the build and it has remained in the family ever since. So much history awaits the new owners with so much more to be made in this Austin jewel of a home. Act now and schedule your showing.
- Interior:Beamed Ceilings, Bookcases, Builtin Features, Open Beams Beamed Ceailings, Ceiling Fans, High Speed Internet, MainLevelPrimary,
Beds & Baths
- Full Baths:2
- Half Baths:1
- Lot description:Back Yard, City Lot, Front Yard, Sprinklers In Front, Landscaped, Sprinklers In Ground, Sprinklers Manual, Sprinklers On Side, T
- Exterior materials:Lighting, Rain Gutters
- Square Feet:2172
- Garage spaces:2
Type & Style
- Property type:Purchase
- Year built:1965
Utilities / Energy Details
- Sewer information:Public Sewer
- Utility source:Public
- Utility features:Cable Available, Electricity Connected, Natural Gas Connected, High Speed Internet Available, Sewer Connected, Water Connected
Community and Neighborhood Details
- Subdivision:South Lund Park Sec 01 Amd
- School district:Austin ISD
- Elementary School:Zilker
- Middle School:O Henry
- High School:Austin
- Original List Price:$2, 155, 000
- Days on Market (Cumulative):26
- Buying Agency Compensation:3.000
- MLS #:5303985
Based on information submitted to the MLS GRID as of 2023-09-08 23:40:16 UTC. All data is obtained from various sources and may not have been verified by broker or MLS GRID. Supplied Open House Information is subject to change without notice. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Based on information from the Austin Board of REALTORS®. Neither the Board nor ACTRIS guarantees or is in any way responsible for its accuracy. All data is provided "AS IS" and with all faults. Data maintained by the Board or ACTRIS may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
Last Updated: . Source: ACTRIS
Listing Agent: Shelley Spivey (#779806), Phone: (888) 455-6040
Listing Office: Fathom Realty (#6393)
Note: The results shown are estimates only and do not necessarily include accurate taxes or homeowner's insurance!